Monday, January 15, 2007

Welcome to the Gaylord Tree

This blog focuses on various family names I am researching, including
If you are a descendant of one of these people, I am especially interested in hearing from you!

(Living people have been removed from this database to protect their privacy.)

The name of this blog comes from a tree that lived in the yard of the house on Spring Mountain Road in St. Helena, California. My mother, Edith (Gaylord) Muller (1919-2003), an artist and teacher, spent much of her youth growing up on this property, and eventually made an illustration of this tree, which was widely used in various projects she undertook.

I took this version from a book that she made for my daughter Halina in 1995.

Permission is granted to use anything on this blog for private purposes. For re-publishing of any kind, please contact me.

I wish to thank and acknowledge my mother for writing the invaluable stories that provided the initial stimulus for this blog. I am grateful to my father, Stanley Muller, for providing me all the information about his German and Chilean ancestors, and for preserving the heritage handed down to him by his parents, and for providing the infrastructure which enabled my mother easily and conveniently to do her writing.

I also wish to thank and acknowledge William L. Gaylord, brother of my mother, for the vast amount of information and documents he has provided me, and for his support, help, encouragement, humor, ideas, suggestions, grace, patience and endurance under the non-stop barrage of my questions about the Gaylord family.

On the Joy side, I am most grateful to Marion Joy (Morgan) (Woodward) Mangahas (1914-2003)
for all her genealogical research and family contacts she maintained over many years on the Joy family and to Dorothea (Davis) Harrington for organizing it and sending much of it to me after Marion's passing.

Randy Muller, January 15, 2007

randygmuller@gmail.com

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~randygmuller

No comments: